AERA field schools help train the next generation of Egyptian archaeologists.
Since 2005, we have run ten field schools for Egyptian Inspectors of the Ministry of State for Antiquities. In collaboration with the American University in Cairo, AERA's field schools are now open to other students.
NEW! Settlement and Cemetery at Giza: Reports from the 2010 AERA-ARCE Field School is the first in a series of planned volumes representing student work prepared during our Analysis and Publication Field Schools. Download »
• A High Official’s House Emerges
• What Was the Original Size of the Great Pyramid’s Footprint?
• The Gallery Complex Gives Up Some of Its Secrets
• RTI Reveals Hidden Details
• Canals and Harbors in the Time of Giza Pyramid-Building
• Did Egyptians Use the Sun to Align the Pyramids?
• Construction Hub to Cult Center: Re-purposing, Old Kingdom Style
• Informal Seals and Sealings of the Heit el-Ghurab